How to AUTOMATICALLY save contacts in SIMSupport

Last Updated:

1. FMS

FMS Member This Topic's Starter

With my past SE phones there was an option to do this, but now i don't see this option anywhere. Everytime i add a new contact it goes on the phone memory so i lost it when i update the phone, i know I can use backups and other things, but I want to save the numbers in my SIM not in my memory card or the phone, it is easier to me to do that, can someone help!

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

The simple answer is you can't. As you say you can back them up to your Sim or SD, or you can run one of the sync programmes, Google's or Sony Ericsson's which will store them externally.

FMS likes this.
  3. FMS

FMS Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you very much for your answer.

That SUCKS by the way :(

If anyone manage to do this with other program or something, please tell me !

4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

OK, Hold the phone, LOL! You CAN backup your contacts to your SIM Card "OR" your Memory Card. Here is how:

PhoneBook > Press the left (hardware on front) button > More > Back Up Contacts > SIM Card or Memory Card are your options. From this point, just follow the prompts.

I have successfully done both without and problems..

By the way, I am using 1.6, so I do not know if there are any changes with 2.1, but since it is a PhoneBook option, I would think you would be alright... NOTE** Just remember all of the options available under the phonebook contacts do NOT carry over with the backup. Just keep that in mind..

Have at it and Good Luck.

5. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

You're right, gunny, however, the OP seems to know about this already and is asking for a way to do this automatically (probably why they put caps on the word in the title of the thread). Rose answered the question correctly as there is no way to set the phone to do this on its own. The closest thing is the Backup and Restore app's scheduled backup function, but, again, not what the OP is asking for.

6. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

You are totally correct!:eek: I failed to read the whole thread and just figured I throw in a helping hand since some people are not aware of this is it is not in the settings, per say, but in the phonebook, which is kinda weird I guess. Anyway, I hope it helped someone...;)