How to avoid the Sys-Update reminders?

Last Updated:

1. Rafael

Rafael Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I plan to return to 2.1? on my Droid and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get rid of the constant System-Update reminders?

Sluggishness, quirks, disappearing alarms (and being late for work), and now the Certificate problem so I can no longer use Touchdown with the company Server........ have me missing the last version something fierce.

The rules of this forum restrict me from fully conveying my hatred for the recent OTA update to my original Droid. :D

I am fully stock, un-rooted.

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

To go back to 2.1 and avoid update reminders you would have to root.

Rafael likes this.
  3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I feel like most of the issues that people are having with 2.2 are because they're upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2. We all, at the very least, wiped /data and /cache when we switched from Eclair to Froyo ROMs. I feel like OTA users should be doing the same. If they can't wipe /boot and /system, at the very least they can wipe /data and /cache.

Rafael likes this.
  4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

the only patch "that I know of" was made by pete for bugless beast 0.4. so you have to be rooted.

Rafael likes this.
  5. Rafael

Rafael Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought it would come down to rooting.
    Thank you for the replies!

FWIW.....This is my second try with 2.2, second being the OTA.
    Both operated the same, with or without a wipe. I have no problem wiping the data....took less time than I thought to get back to where I was.

As to the certificate issue, even Nitrodesk says it is a real issue, to be solved by an update by Google, hopefully:
    Note about Froyo - NitroDesk TouchDown | Google Groups

Today Froyo learned a new trick. The unlock and silence buttons rotated themselves 90 degrees on a few occasions. They still worked fine, but looked like they wanted a swipe downward instead of to the side. The glitches seem to be piling up.