How to back up apps?

Last Updated:

1. Stone1269

Stone1269 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my Motorola Droid, and have been trying out free programs from the market. I have a few apps I am considering purchasing, but I do not want to until I can figure out a way to backup apps to my computer...Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement
  2. OctoMom

OctoMom Well-Known Member

I am an android n00b myself but I don't think you need to backup anything. I have installed quite a few apps and ended up uninstalling them later and the marketplace prompted me that I will be able to re-download those apps for free in the future since I already had them once.

I've only tried free apps so far so I am not 100% certain this is the same but it sure sounds like it to me.

3. silverhack

silverhack Active Member

There currently is no easy way to backup apps to a computer (unless your phone is rooted, or you have adb). But, my questions is why would you need to backup apps to the computer? Once you purchase it, you can go back later and re-download it if you need to.

4. ibjamin12

ibjamin12 Member

silverhack is correct and if you switch android phones you can re-download all your apps free b/c you can just put your gmail account back in on your new android