1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

how to back up to micro sd card

1. carmozzi55

carmozzi55 New Member

I have been very frustated with this phone since day . I finally receive word of a free software upgrade but could erase my memory. Contacts, pictures, videos, music etc. It suggest to back up to sd but no instructions how. Try going to the file manager cannot find the option like other phones I have had . I need help. with this Huawei Ascend m860.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Well-Known Member

Here are a few ways to back up some stuff
    Text messages - Download GoSMS Pro (its free) from the Android Market, open it then Menu>Settings>GO SMS Services>SMS Backup and Recovery
    Contacts - Transfer your contacts to your SIM, updates dont touch your SIM card
    Videos, Music, Pictures i.e. media - Move all of these to your SD Card, these can be backed-up on your computer by transferring your Pictures e.g. to your SD card then connect your phone to your PC then copy the data to your PC

Anything else? Just ask im quite active on Android Forums
  3. DanDaMan1200

DanDaMan1200 Member

Hi Im Daniel...I currently own a DROID INCREDIBLE....Its An Amazing phone it is rooted....But I am looking for someone who can help me with it...Im interested in making custom roms, and so on but have no idea where to start.... Oh by the way its flashed on metro pcs... So first thing I would want to do is backup my current rom... I have a 32gb micro sd card for it.... but its unformatted, and hasnt been used yet... I gotta get a Micro sd card reader/writer since I dont have a slot... :p
  4. binisha

binisha New Member

pls help me wit d backup
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome binisha!
    What issues are you having? Are you also looking to backup your sd card?
    What device do you have? We can help you out, we just need a little more info:)
    Thanks for joining!
  6. iwantbruce

iwantbruce Active Member

I bought for less than $50 at Radio Shack a 64gb flash drive, holds a backup of all my mp3s and APKs, other files. You can get any size flashdrive or use an SD card reader.

If you have a computer, plug both the flashdrive and a USB adaptor cable with usb to computer and other end to your device (I am assuming it is a Windows OS). Select "Turn on USB" on your Android device. On Windows computer, go to "My Computer" where you should see both drives. Copy/paste files back and forth as needed.

Without a computer: You can use your Android device and swap out 2 different SD cards. Download (from Google's Playstore) "File Manager" by Rhysoft (For tablets, "File Manager HD" is better). Create a folder in the phone's internal memory to temporarily 'hold' files to be backed up. Now, either 'unmount' sd card in 'Settings/SD Card Storage" and swap out cards, OR turn off device, remove SD Card, load new SD Card and boot up device. (Follow these steps! Just pulling SD Card out without unmounting it properly or device in off state could damage your files on the card.

One other way, what I do is this: I bought from Amazon a nice, powered by ac, 7 port USB hub, made by the Plugable company ( Plugable*|*USB Devices – Hubs, Cables, Graphics, Video, Docking, SATA, Keyboards, more ) - Also you will need a special "OTG" (On The Go) USB cable that has a male USB on one end (it can be found on Amazon for $2 or $4, must be an OTG cable!), and a micro male USB on the other that should fit into your device ( you may also need a female to female USB adaptor.
    Using the USB hub with your fully charged device, AND "File Manager HD" (the regular "File Manager" app does not recognize External USB devices), you're able to move files between device and whatever is plugged into the 'hub'. (Using the hub also allows me to use a USB Logitech mouse/keyboard and joystick.)

Good Luck! (p.s. For 'rooted' devices, "DroidWall" is a good, no permissions, free Firewall app that allows you to 'whitelist/deny' internet access to any app on your Android device. No more ads on games and saves data usage for people with limited data plans. This app should be s.o.p. for any rooted Android device.)