• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to backup (and restore later) Gmail emails before hard reset on Samsung GS3 (Sprint 4.4.2)

jblat1

Lurker
Apr 28, 2011
How to backup (and restore later) Gmail emails before hard reset on Samsung GS3 (Sprint 4.4.2)

In short I'm wanting to do a hard reset to my phone, but be able to access gmail business emails from a prior business account at a later date. I am no longer with the company that used Gmail for business and I need those emails to reference any potential questions, debates, etc. with the employer on expenses.

However, I can't do the reset until I can figure out a way to backup, then either restore or have an external program (presumably from a backed up batch file) access Gmail business emails that are currently on the phone.

Understandably, I no longer have access to the account, so I can't do the reset and then log back in (restore google account on device). Nor can I purge through the emails and forward any emails I want to keep to my personal email- as nothing can be sent or received from that account. The emails are on my phone as they were my last day with the firm, but I can't login via a computer.

Does anyone know how I can back up these emails and be able to access them later? I'm at a loss.

Thank you in advance for ANY help or suggestions.

Josh

Gmail does not reside on your phone unless you specifically setup your mails to be read offline, a practice most companies forbid.
But the OP is telling us that they are on his phone, otherwise he couldn't be accessing them now since he can no longer log in to that account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones