How to Backup Apps on SD Card

Last Updated:

1. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My question is this. After moving apps to the SD card, how do you back them up? If I were to do a NAND backup and switch to another ROM, do my apps that I've moved to the SD card show up?

The reason I ask is because I just rooted my 2.2 phone and when I did a restore using MyBackup, none of my apps on the SD card were restored. I had to reinstall them all.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that they remain on your SD-card unless you uninstall or reformat.

3. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Your correct.

4. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

nice to see you around here toast.

However, what if you do a wipe and restore your apps using titanium or a similar app? Does it retain memory of whether the app was moved? Or does it require a full restore to the phone's internal memory and need a move to the SD card again?

I made a post on XDA asking this and got zero replies, as if no one really knows.

5. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here is my problem that I am having. I moved several apps to my SD card, did a backup using MyBackup Pro. I then flashed a new ROM and did a restore using MyBackup Pro. All of my shortcuts to my apps that were on my SD card do not show up on my phone.