• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to batch update all android apps without prompts

is there a way to batch update all my apps, without prompts (app usage / saving existing user data / etc) ?

*i don't want auto update for my apps, i would like to do them periodically in batch. also don't need to see the app usage security prompt.

If I understand what you're trying to do, you would have to use the market and just hit update all at the bottom. It notifies you of any available updates, so you can just ignore until you have maybe two or three for the update all button to appear. It downloads and installs without the prompts for security.

Upvote 0
hm, what i do right now is use appbrain.

I sync appbrain and it will show all the apps with updates. then i perform all updates. for each app, it asks for the security update and usually another prompt for 'saving user data'. so i need to press 2 'ok' buttons for EACH app i'm updating.

i would like to know if theres a way to remove those prompts, so i just press one 'update all' and its done.

Upvote 0
Don't use AppBrain for the updates. Use the Market, it does exactly what you're wanting. I never open the AppBrain app on my phone because I have Fast Web Installer. I just click "install" on the computer and it starts downloading and installing automatically.
Fast Web Installer - Android app on AppBrain

How does this handle BATCH installs/updates, though?

I see the "install" option in the browser on AppBrain, but I have a list of apps that I'd like to just install ALL of them on my new phone.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones