• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to best Manage my Contacts?

shanezam203

Apr 26, 2012
Curious how best to Manage my contacts, I used to be on a BES where any changes I made either in Outlook or on my Blackberry my contacts were updated. Now on my iPhone & Android OS I'm using Google Contacts and managing from the Web... but my Galaxy is also using Active Directory, so it should sync contacts with Outlook also.

Should I manage them in Outlook or Google?

Outlook = 345

Google = 480
My Contacts (480)
Coworkers (103)
Family (24)
Friends (59)
Google + (145)
Starred in Android (5)

I sync my contacts primarily with Google so I have family, friends & co-workers. The Galaxy also syncs contacts with Facebook, that is working fine and I have some new contacts that aren't in Google...

Curious about something else too, the images are from Google, not always changing like Facebook, is there a way to prioritize the pictures in contacts to use Facebook (profile) images 1st + Google contact info...?

Thanks, Shane

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones