How to best sync pics and videos?Support

Last Updated:

1. BillyGates

BillyGates Member

Well it looks like the wife's SD card is dead and that sucks. The biggest thing lost is pics and videos... I'd like to prevent this from happening in the future.

Are there any good apps that automatically sync/backup pics and videos to a site online? Or maybe a Wifi-type share to a PC? I don't want to muck with plugging in cables.

Dropbox looks interesting, but haven't tried it yet and wondering if there's anything better:

2. mlclm

mlclm Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure doubletwist's airsync can do pics and video as well. They're both in the market and pretty simple to set up.
  3. goldz28

goldz28 Well-Known Member

I have used drop box and it works great. You can download drop box on multiple PC's and syncs with all devices. I recommend it :thumb:
    BillyGates likes this.
  4. BillyGates

BillyGates Member

Well I tried Dropbox and SugarSync and it looks like SugarSync is the thing I want! I gives you 5GB free online and it looks like you can sync any folder (while doing a long-holddown on the folder while browsing... not intuitive... but seems to work!).

Dropbox doesn't appear to allowing auto-syncing of folders from an Android phone up to their site and appears currently more designed to sync from a PC down to the phone.
    Upload EVERY photo on Android? Dropbox Forums

Airsync appears to just sync locally to a PC over WiFi... and is a paid app.

So I'm giving SugarSync a try and so far so good!
  5. BillyGates

BillyGates Member

Just to update everyone I've concluded the Android Sync apps/free online storage currently aren't up to task for something reliable and I'm just going to go local.

I've loaded on SwiFTP:
    SwiFTP FTP Server ~ Android Application v1.24 By Dave Revell | Tools

Which appears to be a great Open Source FTP server for Android, and will just backup over WiFi to my home PC using AllSync which is another good looking free program, that allows for backup over FTP, scheduling, retries, multiple jobs etc...:
    Allway Sync: Free File Synchronization, Backup, Data Replication, PC Sync Software, Freeware, File Sync, Data Synchronization Software

I'll just leave the FTP server not running most of the time and only run it when I want to sync...

Maybe in another 6-12 months Android backups online will be more reliable but for now they appear to be too problematic...