How to best update a Exhibit 2 4G ?General

Last Updated:

1. mdvartic

mdvartic New Member

Hello all,

I just want to figure out what is the best software update available for my Exhibit II 4G. I am NOT interested in any unfinished rom, update, root method, etc. I am just looking for the best update out there. Right now, my phone has the 2.3.5 version that comes with it from factory and there is a 2.3.6 upgrade that I have not been able to install.

Is the 2.3.6 version the only finished or ultimate upgrade for my phone and should I insist in figuring out how to get it (since my laptop can't currently recognize my phone for some strange reason...) OR there is actually a best version like Jelly Beam or ICS for it?

Thank you all in advance for your prompt and precise instructions / information on how to install whatever is the best and finished option!

Moe

Advertisement
  2. maxwelbd

maxwelbd Active Member

I bought my Ex II on July 19 with 2.3.5 installed from the factory.

About a week later, in my notifications, I was notified there was an upgrade to 2.3.6. I was on my wifi at the time. I went ahead and hit "update" (not knowing any reasons not to). The update took awhile, but eventually it finished and then a reboot completed the process. I've been on 2.3.6 since without any real noticeable differences.

Is your phone synced with a Google account? I would think it would be easy enough to get the update pushed to your phone. Also, you can try a manual update by going to "Settings" >> "Software update" and see if the firmware can update that way.

If you are having trouble while hooked to your PC/laptop, I've also had issues there. What I ended up doing is uninstalling the device on my PC, then re-installing it (on your PC that is under Control Panel >> Device Manager). After I did that, I had no more issues with the PC recognizing the phone. I'm using the device driver downloaded from Samsung's site.

Not sure if that is any help, but good luck.