how to block an incoming number

1. andyt72

andyt72 Member

can anyone tell me how i block an incoming phone number on the desire thanks

Advertisement
  2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

There are apps on the market that can do it, not sure any names but it's possible.
  3. Ste_M

Ste_M New Member

There is an app called CallBlocker but it requires the phone to be rooted. If the number your blocking is a contact can't you choose to block their number from the contact window?

- Theres also FY Receptionist and GBlocker, but reading reviews of these doesn't make them sound too useful.
  4. Eris Ed

You can send to Voicemail from the Contact page.....may not be the same as blocking?
  5. andyt72

andyt72 Member

yes im trying to block a contact but dont know how to do it
  6. Eris Ed

On the Market:

Call Blocker Lite - seems to do everything you want, good rating too.

Try searching the market for 'blocker' and there's several to choose from, both free and paid.
  7. mangla

mangla Member

For those of you using android 2.1 (others may work I just happen to have this version on my Samsung Captivate) go to settings -> call settings -> all calls -> auto reject. Enable auto reject then click auto reject list. Here you can enter the number manually by going to the menu or you can select from contacts or call log. Enjoy the silence http://androidforums.com/images/icons/droids/tongue.gif
  8. roMancer

roMancer New Member

on android 2.2 i could block callers by long-tapping callers from the call-log, then tapping "block caller".

on android 2.3 i have to do it like this:
    - wait until caller hangs up
    - go to call log
    - long-tap caller, select "add to contacts", i'm calling him/her "spammer01"
    - long-tap caller (now contact), select "view contact"
    - hit menu button on phone (most likely left-below display)
    - select "options"
    - check "incoming calls - block incoming calls directly"