1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to boot into recovery menu ?

1. Jimmykimchi

Jimmykimchi Well-Known Member

Ive been trying all day to boot into the recovery menu for my vibrant. I power off my phone . and i hold up and down on the volume button, while holding the power button. After i see the "vibrant" logo pop up i let go. that doesnt work
    I try holding down Up and Down, while holding the power button for 5 minutes, doest work . Any help ? thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. theron324

theron324 Member

hold X and power, let go of power when it turns on but cont to hold X and then when it pops up, let go and push vol up and then camera button. should do it for ya
  3. Jimmykimchi

There's no X or camera button? Its a samsung vibrant
  4. xristian

xristian Member

as long as your phone is rooted and connected to a PC via USB, from win cmd :

adb reboot recovery for recovery mode

adb reboot download for download mode
  5. Casperr

Casperr New Member

If you the buttons are disabled to load download/recovery mode, I heard you cannot upgrade your firmware, is it true?
  6. Jimmykimchi

yea, i was trying to root my phone by pressing the volume button and power. But that didnt work out . So what I did was just do the ADB method . Much longer process, but it worked out in the end
  7. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member

I had to do the same thing yesterday. Not sure why the volume buttons weren't initiating a recovery mode.