• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to boot into recovery mode

feelexit

Lurker
Oct 6, 2012
please help, i cannt boot into recovery mode.

my new samsung galaxy s3 battery life sux. after hours research on google, someone suggests me to do a factory reset then clearn all cache in recovery mode.

I have tmobile galaxy s3 (SHG t-999). I hold volume up , home, and power button. Tried so many times, never get into the recovery mode. however if I hold volume down, home and power button. I can get into download mode easily.

What did I do wrong?????? btw, its a new s3 phone, not rooted yet.

Yep that's right. From off, hold home and volume up.... then press power until it vibrates....

Anyway wipe data / factory reset will wipe cache too. This can be done by recovery but only when you cannot get android to boot / respond. You can actually factory reset from within android you know?

Warning - factory reset will wipe your internal sd too so if your photos are there they will be lost.

Wiping cache wont fix battery issues. Wiping data will because its almost always an app you installed causing drain.

I would actually recommend finding the thread here called "the truth about your battery" by "easily amused" and reading that. Should be on the first few pages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones