• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {How-To} Build your own Metamorph!

andrizoid

Android Expert
Mar 25, 2010
Lots of new Metamorphers out there, and lots of people wanting to make their own. Well guess what? Your in luck! A little while ago I posted this on XDA, but due to the **cough cough** issues **cough cough**, I was unable to support it and it kinda fell under the bus. Well here it is, re-released on here.

This is a Shell Script. That means it only works on some variant of Linux. Later if there is enough interest I can write up a how to for those that dont run Linux and want to do it by hand.

Download and extract the contents somewhere.
Run the mm-builder script and follow the on-screen instructions

1. Enter Theme Name
2. Enter Authors Name
3. What phone is this MM for?
4. What Rom is this MM for?

Then it will start on the apps. When adding a app to be themed, it will ask for the name of the app. Enter the EXACT name of the app WITHOUT the .apk at the end, for example Browser or framework-res. It will then ask if its an app in /system or /data, enter either /system or /data for your choice. This will setup the common folders used in theming-the most important is the drawable-mdpi. Once your done adding apps, simply put your images in the right folders, zip it up and NAME THE ZIP THE SAME THING YOU NAMED THE THEME IN STEP ONE. After that, put it in AndroidThemes on your sdcard and apply :)

Attachments

• MetaMorph-Builder_v3.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: es0tericcha0s
I've been waiting for someone to come up with this for awhile! I have a bunch of how to theme links in my favorites but just really haven't set down to figure it out completely. Unfortunately, I run Win7. Although, I think I do have a Linux Mint 9 Live CD lying around. I could just use that without having to install and dual boot, correct? Keep up the good work sir! Thanks to the original dev for Metamorph too. Stericson is a beast.

Actually, just thought to search for another solution and saw VirtualBox: http://www.virtualbox.org/. Would that be easier and/or work better for just this small thing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones