• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to bypass activation on a Samsung Illusion on Verizon

graybison

Lurker
Dec 14, 2011
To bypass activation on a factory new Samsung Illusion, slide puzzle piece to unlock screen; select language on screen and press next; on the next screen, choose emergency call button instead of activate, then on the dialer, enter *#83786633, which unlocks softkeys by showing a popup notice; then press the Home key to go to Home screen. From there you can navigate to Apps --> Settings --> Wireless & networks to set up your wi-fi.

Many thanx to all those who have blazed the trail with suggestions on how to bypass activation on earlier Samsung Android phones, esp. with the Fascinate!

I have a question. I was able to bypass the activation screen by using *#83786633, but every time I turn on the phone it requires me to do it again. I looked for a CyanogenMod, but there's no build for this device. Is there any way to bypass the activation in a way so that it will not require entering the code every time I want to turn on the device? I'm trying to set it up to use it as an mp3 music player.

Upvote 0
I tried doing this on my phone and nothing happened. I then tried powering it off then back on. I was able to type in the code you provided and received the little notice "softkey is enabled". But hitting the home button did not take me to the home page. It took me back to the main screen asking for my password. What do I do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones