• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to bypass forgotten screen lock code?

Hi,

My GF bought a new Xperia Ray and as excited she was to check on the feature, she tested the screen lock and was able to use it. However, after couple of weeks, probably was trying to change the screen lock from time to time, she forgot what she used and tried several codes that she could remember to no avail. Now she cannot use the phone because of the screen lock.

I want to know is there a way to bypass that without losing any data and without internet connection?Wifi access is set to Off as she does not normally use it. I saw tips on how but that seems require internet connection using gmail account.

Please let me know. The phone is stuck for 2 months now and that is quite expensive to be useless.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Justin

Hi,

My GF bought a new Xperia Ray and as excited she was to check on the feature, she tested the screen lock and was able to use it. However, after couple of weeks, probably was trying to change the screen lock from time to time, she forgot what she used and tried several codes that she could remember to no avail. Now she cannot use the phone because of the screen lock.

I want to know is there a way to bypass that without losing any data and without internet connection?Wifi access is set to Off as she does not normally use it. I saw tips on how but that seems require internet connection using gmail account.

Please let me know. The phone is stuck for 2 months now and that is quite expensive to be useless.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Justin

If you set up a Google Account on the phone and know the password to the Google account just put the wrong password in a bunch of times and a "Forgot Password" button will show up. When that shows up, type in the Google credentials and poof, you're back in the phone. Be sure to reset the lock though :)

/Thread moved to Android Lounge, because it is Android general discussion.

Reactions: Doit2it
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones