• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to change default home app?

kc5656

Lurker
Feb 3, 2010
Somehow while my phone was in my pocket it switched from open home as my default home app back to the standard moment home. When I click the home button it just goes straight the the default home, and when I go to manage my home apps it doesn't let me choose clear defaults, it is grayed out. Can you guys help me with this?

Somehow while my phone was in my pocket it switched from open home as my default home app back to the standard moment home. When I click the home button it just goes straight the the default home, and when I go to manage my home apps it doesn't let me choose clear defaults, it is grayed out. Can you guys help me with this?
Double check your market. Make sure you didn't somehow uninstall OpenHome.

Upvote 0
Settings->Applications->Manage Applications (Find Home you may need to hit the menu key and set the filter to all) Clear the Default then it will give you the choice again
If it's truly greyed out, then it's not your 'Default " home app. What ever "is" your default will not be greyed out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones