How to change default "Share" settings for content?

1. derrylwc

derrylwc New Member

Hello all, I've had my Droid X for a couple of weeks now and am still acquainting myself with things.

I downloaded Instant Upload (a nice, simple FTP app) that allows me to upload individual files from my "Files" browser directly to a web server... but I'm curious to know if I can add this as an option in my "Share via..." menu?

The "Share" menu has a bunch of options I will likely never use, but I do use some of them, and additionally I would like to add certain apps such as Instant Upload to the mix. Is it possible to manually modify this list?

With my extremely limited knowlege of Android, this seems to be something that might require my phone to be rooted? Any light that someone could shed on the problem would be much appreciated!!

Cheers,

Advertisement
    :
  2. muab

muab Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Android club!

But, unfortunately I have no idea what you are talking about.... Hopefully one of the smart guys will be along presently.

:)

Cheers
  3. bmoons

bmoons Member

i know what youre talking about only my reasons for wanting to edit the share menu is to take out a bunch of stuff i dont use