How to change Email notification ringtone?General

1. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

I tried everything, changed the default tone, email setting tone, and even gmail setting tone. Whenever I get a new email, I am still getting the "dew drop" tone, instead of any new one I set to. I don't have this problem with Message (txt), just the default email client. Anyone knows the secret to change the tone for the default email client (not Gmail one).

Advertisement
  2. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

It should be within the app itself. Open the app, hit menu, if it doesn't say settings there go to more and then settings. You should now see a list that says something like General settings and then lists each of your email accounts you have set up {other than Gmail} You have to go into each account and change the notification sound to what you want...

That should take care of it. Please post back and let us know.
  3. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

You have to go into email app and tap each account and then menu and settings to set notification for each seperate account or it will just default to the system setting. It took me a while to figure that out.
  4. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

Okay I finally found the setting. It was under Exchange account. I setup Exchange to push Gmail to default email app. So it is under Exchange and my gmail account. It has "Dew Drop" as notification sound, but it doesn't let me change it. It is grey out. I can un-check to turn off notification sound, but cannot change the sound. Oh well.
  5. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

Nevermind, I am so stupid. It is grey out because I am in silence mode! I guess you cannot change the sound if the sound is off. :p Thanks for all your help!
  6. BigDAS

BigDAS New Member

On my Prism 2, I go to File Manager, press and hold the file I want to display the options and choose as ringtone for the desired application.