how to change email used for market

Last Updated:

1. Ian123

Ian123 New Member This Topic's Starter

i just bought a used HTC hero and when i go to the market it is showing a gmail address for the previous owner. i cant figure out how to change it to my own. i already set up my email account and its working fine i just cant get in the market because i dont know the guys password. how do i switch it to mine? thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

Try going into settings > applications > manage and clear the cache from the google app.

3. Ian123

Ian123 New Member This Topic's Starter

i ended up just erasing everything from the phone so im good now but thanks for the reply

4. DHAndroid

DHAndroid Well-Known Member

Its the only way..Be sure the first email address entered on the phone is the one you want to use for the Market & Google Chat

5. treelover3

treelover3 Member

I have an ATRIX 2 that was deleting apps any time I rebooted the phone. Finally had to talk to Motorola and the guy said I had to wipe the phone and create a new Google account because he said it might be the Google account that's causing the problem.

It looks like he is right, but I have a bunch of paid apps on my old Gmail email address that I'd like to get moved to my phone with my new Gmail email address. I certainly don't want to have to repurchase everything again.

There has to be a way to change the email address used in the market to allow this.
    Anyone???
    Thanks,
    tl

6. Android1993

Android1993 Well-Known Member