How to Change EVO back to 2.1?Support

Last Updated:

1. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Without rooting the phone is their a way to change back to 2.1?
    I do enjoy some of the features of 2.2 but i just dont think its worth keeping flash if it means my Pandora sounds like crap. Also the music player stop when using Navigation everytime it talks.

I hope something changes and we get an update but with the long process HTC and Sprint have to go through to get an update out i am not very hopeful. Also from what i read its a problem that is Google's fault not HTC/Sprint. So the fix has a long way to go before we get it.

So if anyone has a way to go back to 2.1 please let me know.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

There are 3 or 4 threads already about this same thing. You should read those.

3. n0really

n0really Well-Known Member

True, but what keywords does one use when searching? I've tried downgrade and revert to no avail.

4. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I almost didn't want to respond in an otherwise sad little thread but feel I must.

You are outragiously wrong to say that updates will take a while.

First, how many phones even have Froyo yet??

Sprint got the SD card fix discovered after Google's big show as the phones launched. HTC got the .3 to .6 fix within days.

Clearly, both Sprint and HTC are standing by the Evo. To imply otherwise is offensive.

Good luck with whatever problems you are having. Although I doubt it is possible, I hope you find some satisfaction.

ekt8750 likes this.
  5. brushrop03

brushrop03 Well-Known Member

There is no way

6. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

Unless you were fully rooted and backed up your 2.1 ROM, you can't revert back to 2.1. Not even a Factory Reset will do that, either.

7. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

After u did OTA 2.2 u shoot urself in the foot.At this point there's nothing u can do but wait for HTC to fix whatever glitches that Froyo may have or wait until someone exploit Froyo,then u will be able to root and flash a custom ROM.

8. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Mine did that on 2.1 also. It is supposed to.

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Yes but on 2.1 the music would auto start after navigation finished talking. Now it stops and has to be manually restarted. I rarely use navigation but see how this could be annoying. The pandora thing and some of the other issues really urk me but there just inst anything we can do