• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to change launcher buttons

Table83

Nov 15, 2011
I just got the phone today, and must say that I am very pleased with the phone! It's got a great feel in my hands. Also it has more bars than my wife's Nexus S. I'm more than disappointed with the lack of Google voice integration, but that's Boost's fault and no one else's.

My question is how do I change the ID badge from the launcher? I want it to access the internet like stock android.

I am just a little anal about crapware. TIA

My question is how do I change the ID badge from the launcher? I want it to access the internet like stock android.

I am just a little anal about crapware. TIA

Just use a different launcher.
Launcher pro is what I am using right now.
AWD Launcher and Go launcher are also good alternatives. There are many more on the Market.

Many of them give you the option to use the 3 icon style dock.

Reactions: Table83
Upvote 0
Wait, what's this about Google Voice integration? Does it not work on Boost Mobile?

Correct. Apparently google voice doesn't do the call forwarding. IE you can have incoming text and calls from GV, but if you reply/call back it comes from your boost number.

Just use a different launcher.
Launcher pro is what I am using right now.
AWD Launcher and Go launcher are also good alternatives. There are many more on the Market.

Many of them give you the option to use the 3 icon style dock.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks

Upvote 0
I emailed boost about google voice last night. I was mildly impressed when I got a call this morning about the email. He apologiesed about it, and said that they don't offer the full service, butt would escalate the issue for future consideration.

I was very hesitant about switching to boost, but this is a good first impression.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones