how to change merged contact name and display pic?Support

Last Updated:

1. j.andrew

j.andrew Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    Figured I can merge the same person's google and facebook contact. I wonder how do I change which name gets displayed and which picture becomes the display picture? How do I make the facebook profile pic as the display picture? when I click edit the facebook contact does not appear cause I can't edit SNS contacts apparently

Advertisement
  2. mdtolic

mdtolic Well-Known Member

This has been bugging me too. I had to unlink all my contacts for anyone with a Twitter account because the Twitter info always showed up first. Anyone have any ideas on this?

3. andreami

andreami Member

if you open up the contact to edit it, then you have the options to "select default" that will give you a list of all the names, pictures etc that belong to that contact. Use the green radio button to select the one/s you want to display in the contact list :)

j.andrew likes this.
  4. mdtolic

Thanks andreami! Unfortunately, no pics show up in my list; just names, pnone & email.

5. andreami

andreami Member

At the top of the 'defaults' setting page is a list of names that the contact uses... the picture that's used in the contact is the one that's assosiated with that name.
    eg
    fred - has pic
    fred johns - has no pic
    fred john mobile - has different pic.

If you choose fred, then the contact will be listed as fred with the picture.
    If you choose fred johns moblile, then the contact will appear as fred johns mobile with that picture.
    That makes sense?

6. mdtolic

Yup, that's what I figured. But no matter which name I check up top, the Twitter pic stays. I only have a few contacts who Twitter, so it's not a big deal; it just bugs me because I know its not right.

7. mdtolic

As I was just clicking post, it occurred to me that maybe I should change the selected names and wait for the phone to sync! That must be it. Thanks andreami

8. stanthejeep

stanthejeep New Member

Does this work on Droid X? Cuz I can't get the "select default" option...

9. andreami

andreami Member

no idea..
    I figured it was a galaxy thing though.

10. gregms

gregms Member

Same problem. I have a contact with a picture from Google, Facebook and Twitter. Even with the Google linked contact being made default, the picture is still showing up as default from one of the other sources.
    Very annoying!

-Greg

11. mdtolic

While I can see where to change the default, it just doesn't change. The Twitter pic remains the contact pic regardless of which entry I make the default. A bunch of my twitter friends have pics that are not actually them (cartoons, motorcycles, etc.) and I don't like seeing those every day in the LPro People widget. I had to unlink all.

It's mostly a frivolous complaint, as this phone still kicks all sorts of ass, but it bugs me nonetheless.

12. roguexz

roguexz New Member

+1 ... It's quite annoying. I wish there is some way of fixing it.

----
    GalaxyS

13. R.S.G

R.S.G Member

No It didnt happened for me... I have a default google profile picture on everyone's face. No matter how I try and what is default... the pictures are always taken from their google profile and not facebook one's :confused:

14. stefien

stefien New Member

Here's the only way I know of that works.

Create a phone contact with the name you want to be displayed. Don't put any other info in, just the name. Join that to the contact. The name you created will take precedence.

Hope this helps!

15. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Latest software (Galaxy Note with ICS):

1) View contact in display
    2) Menu > Mark as default
    3) Select your defaults for the contact, the picture used is under the heading 'Caller ID'