• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change navigation program on 'where'?

peekapoo

Nov 4, 2009
I am using EVO, and where is the most useful app for me.
This morning, I feel like to have some coffee, so I found nearest starbuck using where. Then, you can click on 'menu' and select 'drive to' to get direction.
I have sprint navigation and google navigation program installed on my phone, and somehow 'where' automatically using sprint one.

Problem is sprint one does not read address on 'where' and ask me to type address in while i am driving.

I have been looking all over setting and all, but can't find option for me to change default navigation program to google one.

Anyone knows how to change that?

I even uninstalled and install it again, but still no luck.

Not entirely sure, but try going into Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications-->Where and seeing if there is an option to clear defaults. If so, select that and clear the defaults. Then, the next time you use Where to navigate, it should ask you what program you'd like to use and you can select Google Maps instead.

Upvote 0
Not entirely sure, but try going into Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications-->Where and seeing if there is an option to clear defaults. If so, select that and clear the defaults. Then, the next time you use Where to navigate, it should ask you what program you'd like to use and you can select Google Maps instead.

Only active option I can click is uninstall....

Upvote 0
The problem is not with Where, it is with the navigation software settings. Follow Scrubs advice but go to the telnav app. and select "clear defaults". You will have to look under the "all" tab to find telnav. Once cleared, go to maps and select a destination. Select navigation and when it asks you to select navigation app set google as the default.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones