How to Change Photos Default AppSupport

1. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

I currently have Google Photos as my default app for photos and cannot for the life of me find where to go to clear the default. I cannot find it in the list of apps. Can anyone help? :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Install Default App Manager. Go to Images. Clear Default. then Set Default.
  3. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

I'm not following this. I already have app manager. Images where?
  4. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

"Default App Manager" is an app.
  5. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused here, can't you just use the stock on the phone gallery? Photos should be there anyway. The only time I'm asked (because I haven't picked a default app) which app I would like to use is when I click on a .jpg file from a file manager, which is not the usual way of accessing my photos.
  6. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

Install "X-Plore File Manager" from the Google Play store and open it. Then open directory path sdcard/DCIM/camera.

Then hold your finger on one of the photos that show up in that directory and choose "clear defaults" from the menu that appears.
  7. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

You can, but like a lot of the stock apps, it's not the best one for the purpose. There are a lot of much better photo viewers.
  8. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

While undoubtedly true, like a music player app surely the preferred "picture viewer" app just displays your pictures. No real need to set a default unless your viewing thumbnails in a file manage and tap one to open it.
  9. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

That's one way but actually there are various other options when you have a file that you want to open into a picture viewer.