• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change primary gmail?

cbux5000

Nov 10, 2009
I want to change the primary gmail account attached to the app market to a a different gmail than the one that the people at the Verizon store set up. I've been searching around -- most people have said to just do a factory reset. However, I found this discussion about changing it on a G1 How to change the primary gmail account on android g1 tmobile phone - 611Connect Blog | Cell Phone Reviews, New Cell Phones, Cell Phone How Toand was wondering if the same solution that "Dac@ Android Developer" provides would work on the Droid with 2.0. His solution was:

1. Setting > Application > Manage Application > Clear Data from Google Storage
2. Re-create GMail shortcut

Apparently this worked great for people with G1s. Am I missing something...or will these instructions just not work with 2.0...?

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone had any insight into this subject.
Thanks. :)

I think I've found a solution.

I used a fix that another guy found out about (deleting the data for google apps)

You have to go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Google Apps

Then click on the "Clear Data" button.

After that, go back to the settings page and select "Data Synchronization"

It'll take you to the google account setup screen.

I made a androidforums account just to post this so APPRECIATE IT :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones