• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to change songs from a playlist while in android lockscreen?

Milestonex

Aug 28, 2011
Hi Guys,

Wanted to know if there was a way for me to change songs while in the android lockscreen?

let me elaborate:

1. i open stock music app >> play song from a playlist >> which opens the now playing screen

2. when i turn off screen/lock the phone >> the now playing screen turns into lockscreen widget :) >> allows me to go next song, prev song, pause, play, scroll etc.

3. but when i press the playlist button it prompts me to unlock the phone. Is there a music app where i can access the playlist LIST without unlocking the phone?? I want to be able to choose the song i want.

I tried another music app, which allows me to change song and playlist in the lockscreen by swiping on album art up and down. i dont want this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones