how to change the google account you originally set up your hero with

Last Updated: 2010-03-24 06:01:31
  1. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member

i havent been able to figure out how to change the google account I originally activated my hero with. The reason i want to change it is because my gmail app only opens email from that account, and I used a new gmail account to register my phone with that was specifically for my contacts, and now i cant check my other gmail accounts email. anyone know a good solution without having to format?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Have you tried adding your other gmail account to the mail (not gmail) app?
  3. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member

that was my next try, i do like the gmail app tho and would prefer to use it...
  4. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Do a hard reset with your phone and then sign on to it with your new Google account. Just a thought.
  5. eg600

eg600 Member

If you want to use a different GMAIL account on your phone you don't need to do a factory reset, just do the following:

from home screen hit menu hard key > Applications > Manage Applications > (wait a bit for phone to compute) Scroll down to "gmail" click once then click "clear data" hit back hard key then below it you should see "google apps" click once then hit "clear data" as well. I rebooted my phone and it asked me to re-enter my gmail address and password but not sure if you need to reboot. It worked for me.

Hope this helps.