• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to change "water drip" keytone sound when dialing phone?

I'd love to be able to do that as well!

If you install ExDialer app it will give you the keytone sound. I had to uninstall ExDialer though because I use Nova Prime Launcher with their notifier plugin and it wouldn't notify me with the little red circle next to the phone app when I had a missed call, it only applies that notification to the native phone app. But ExDialer was a MUCH faster smoother interface than the native dialer is. I have a TON of lag in the native dialer, so much so that I might give up the Note 2:(

Upvote 0
If you can get a sound file that you like, name it "Dialer_New", and copy to this folder:

7ymu5yre.jpg

Reactions: menmyjeep
Upvote 0
Estrong's File Explorer...problem is, you may need to be rooted, or have "superuser" permissions, to alter the file(s).

Thanks! I'm actually on the verge of rooting my phone. Mainly to be able to use a ps3 controller via bluetooth as well as map the games to the controller. Also, to remove or freeze the Bloatware on my phone. Don't want to run a custom rom right now.

Upvote 0
If you install ExDialer app it will give you the keytone sound. I had to uninstall ExDialer though because I use Nova Prime Launcher with their notifier plugin and it wouldn't notify me with the little red circle next to the phone app when I had a missed call, it only applies that notification to the native phone app. But ExDialer was a MUCH faster smoother interface than the native dialer is. I have a TON of lag in the native dialer, so much so that I might give up the Note 2:(

Where do you find the notifier plugin? I'm using Nova Launcher now but can't find it.

Upvote 0
Disregard both of my questions.

I managed to change my sound using the following post from another forum:

Anyone else find the standard water drop noise really annoying? I certainly do.

To change the sounds you need to replace the files TW_Touch.ogg and S_HW_Touch.ogg with something more to your taste.
Here are modified files that replace the 'doink' with simple click, as it was with the S2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzsiry4eo02fq3d/TW_Touch.ogg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxi8hgxv6w...S_HW_Touch.ogg

Put them in system/media/audio/ui you need root and a root browser.

Upvote 0
Disregard both of my questions.

I managed to change my sound using the following post from another forum:

On my S5:
I changed those and Dialer_new.ogg also - and still get the water drop on my dial pad.

Any other ideas?

Actually I replaced all .ogg files that had a water drok like sound in the /system/media/audio/ui directory and rebooted and still have the water drop dialer sound

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones