• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to change widget background??

The only way I know how to do it is pull the apk of the file you want to change, edit the .png files to your liking and resign it so it will work.

This app, Auto-Sign.zip, has worked quite well for me. It's simple to use and all the instructions are there.

if your rooted you don't need the apk to be signed. you can change the .png file and then push the apk onto the phone using ADB.

Upvote 0
I was never able to get the signing thing to work. Adb is easyas long as you know what lines to copy and paste.

That's why I find auto-sign much simpler, don't have to worry about the lines in cmd.

Which signing tool did you use? I tried one or two that would never work before finding auto-sign and now it works like a charm every time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones