• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to charge battery when theres boot fail

rickrabies

Jul 24, 2011
iowa
i have a droid 4. its rooted. i downloaded RDSlite and the stock GB zip to flash to so i can get to ICS.

i plug in the phone and battery is low. during the middle of RDS work it says fail. battery low cannot program...
so i can switch out a battery and it wont charge with wall or usb,.
also teh droid 4 doesnt have charge terminals under the back cover like the razr.

anyone find a solution to this? phone is completely dead and wont charge
i have to hardwire to the battery directly to charge it but cant seem to figure it out.
i havent peeled the battery out yet

i have a droid 4. its rooted. i downloaded RDSlite and the stock GB zip to flash to so i can get to ICS.

i plug in the phone and battery is low. during the middle of RDS work it says fail. battery low cannot program...
What you need is called a factory cable. There is an excellent writeup from Droidforums, just search for Droid 4 factory cable there.
I ordered my cable on eBay from a Hong Kong distributor (IIRC). It turned out to be a particular model of Blackberry cable that apparently has Pin4 powered and acts like the Motorola factory cable. Anyway, it worked to get my Droid4 out of the same pickle that you're in now. Check eBay with the search string MicroUSB Factory Cable Fastboot 4 Motorola

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones