How to cheaply stream droid audio into your car audioGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rubinscube

rubinscube Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just started using the Pandora music app, but my kids in the back seat could not hear it. so I stopped by Walgreens and picked up the "JUPITOR JACK". you can't miss it cause it has the big red ad: "AS SEEN ON TV". it works well enough, but I had to tweak my car audio system to make it decent. whatever the droid plays comes out on the car radio, it's better then my old belkin FM transmitter.:D

Advertisement
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

that setup sounds sooo ghetto! (joke) :)
    dude, get ya self to a radio shack and ask for a 3.5 to 3.5 millimeter adapter.
    its about $6 + tax :)
    and of course plug one end to your radio (wait..do u have a 3.5mm hole on your car radio?) and the other end to your phone. you can even talk on the phone with it plugged up :)

3. rubinscube

I did say cheap. My land rover dosn't have a jack in, for a 38k car you would think it should.

4. rubinscube

:confused:is there a way to add a jack-in without replacing the stereo? i'm afraid it would be very expensive for a land rover to replace the stereo, but I want one.

5. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member

You should stop by a Best Buy, they usually have free/cheap install deals and will at least be able to tell you exactly how much it would cost to get a 3.5 jack (or a new stereo) installed in your car. It might not be as expensive as you think.

6. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

you can get a decent car stereo with a 3.5 jack for very cheap these days and most places will install it for free or for like 10 bucks. the 3.5 way is just so much better

7. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

My '96 Audi still has it's vintage cassette so I just use a cassette adapter. How's that for cheap?

8. Bigger than you

Bigger than you Well-Known Member

Pop out the head unit and look on the back..I bet it has the jack or a AUX pinned plug to plug into and convert over to a 3.5.:D

9. trekgraham

trekgraham Well-Known Member

I use a cassette adapter also, for cars that have a cassette deck, works much better then any fm transmitter. My van has the stock radio which has both cd and tape.

10. ryanc2

ryanc2 Well-Known Member

If you have a CD changer, you can have the AUX out switched from the changer to a 3.5mm jack. You do of course lose your CD changer.

This is what I did on my '04 Yukon.