How to check a used Android phone when buying

Last Updated:

1. AfzalivE

AfzalivE Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I'm almost a noob in this huge world of Androids and cupcakes and Froyos and Eclairs and Gingerbreadman.

So what I want to ask is what stuff should I check in the phone when buying it used from another person. I know to check the standard functions like calling, msging, camera, wifi, gprs/edge, gps etc. But I don't know any other thing.

The phone in question is a Samsung I5700 Spica.

Please guide me, thank you

Advertisement
  2. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Well-Known Member

If The basic functions (i.e calling, camera, Wi-Fi, GPS etc.) work, then all other functions will work too, because rest of the software functions are all handled by the OS. Once you are satisfied with the basic functionality look for following:

1. Physical damages (scratches and cracks)
    2. Water damage (very important, but not always easy to check)
    3. If the battery and accessories are genuine
    4. Is the phone network locked?

AfzalivE likes this.
  3. AfzalivE

AfzalivE Active Member This Topic's Starter

so if there is a problem with the software, it can be rectified (no matter what the magnitude of the problem is) through flashing etc?

yeah I read some post here that the water damage indicator is a white circle sticker behind the battery. Alright then, that kinda puts me at ease :)

4. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

In most cases yes it's a sticker but pay close attention to it because I've heard of people coloring them white again or even going as far as replacing them after water damage. Just double check to make sure it doesn't look like it's been messed with. GL man :D