• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to check ext partition?

See attached screenshot, that's what I get, but my internal memory is very small.
I checked in root explorer and my apps appear in sd-ext\apps, but also in data\apps is that normal?

Attachments

• 20110129_204336.jpg
    20110129_204336.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
its normal to see apps in data/app and sd-ext/app

however your usage doesnt look right

please go to settings>applications>manage applications> on Sdcard

do you see anything there?

iif you do then thats your problem, move them all to phone and reboot
youll find youll have more space

Just Aldiko and Root checker :/
I can also confirm that I had around 109 MB free before I installed this new ROM (MIUI 1.1.28).

Upvote 0
No. You dont reinstall anything. The command was supposed to be "A2sd cachesd" but you didn't type that, you just typed "a2sd" (no idea why) without the command after it, so its showing you what commands you could have put.

Anyway, you hit a problem before that. Did terminal emulator prompt for Root access? When you type SU in the emulator, you are trying to get Super User access (same as root) but you got permission denied.

What does it say in your superuser app next to Terminal emulator? Maybe you need to clear cache and data on the superuser app, if it is not working properly.

Reactions: arkazain
Upvote 0
No. You dont reinstall anything. The command was supposed to be "A2sd cachesd" but you didn't type that, you just typed "a2sd" (no idea why) without the command after it, so its showing you what commands you could have put.

Anyway, you hit a problem before that. Did terminal emulator prompt for Root access? When you type SU in the emulator, you are trying to get Super User access (same as root) but you got permission denied.

What does it say in your superuser app next to Terminal emulator? Maybe you need to clear cache and data on the superuser app, if it is not working properly.

Didn't see the "cachesd" :eek:
First, I typed SU (upper case letters), and got denied without asking for permission, then I typed su (lower case) and Superuser asked and I accepted.

I reread your post ( :eek: ) and typed a2sd cachesd and a bunch of text showed up and my phone rebooted.

EDIT:
I now have 105 MB free internal memory!
All thanks to you guys.
Seriously, you guys are my heroes, I can't imagine how I can thank you enough :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones