How to check if phone is on without turning it on?Support

Last Updated:

1. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How can I check if the phone is actually off? Sometimes I need it off, but don't remember if I turned it off the last time I used it. When I go to unlock it, it either unlocks (it was on) or it powers up, meaning it was off, and I have to wait for it to finish and then turn it off again. Annoying.

Also--

Anybody else having problems with the Facebook for Android app where it cuts off inbox messages to a certain number of messages in each thread?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Ummmm download No Lock or Lock Bot Pro where you can press any key to unlock phone and if nothing happens chances are the phone is off.

Why do you keep turning your phone off to begin with? Just put it in silent/vibrate mode at work, why risk missing calls?

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Just quick tap the power button. If it is on, it unlocks. If it is off a quick press (at least on mine) won't turn it on.

4. mdonova33

mdonova33 Well-Known Member

Tap the home button instead of the power button.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

how will that work....

6. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

+1 I just tried that (phone is on) and nothing happened.

7. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I turn my phone off because my school has a strict no-cell phones rule in class, and even if it is on vibrate I know some alerts can override that and I don't want to risk it. Also, there is zero cell reception in the building and it would waste battery life

A quick press with it off turns it on, on mine....

8. Symun23

Symun23 Member

I have the same problem.

I had to take the battery out of the phone recently to make sure that it was turned off.

I had to have the phone turned off because I was going to a funeral. I wanted to check and make sure it was turned off but couldn't because it would have turned the phone back on.

Anyone found any way of checking the phone is turned off without turning it on yet?

9. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

You should try what Hand76 has suggested. Install No Lock and you can use your volume rocker or optical trackpad to to activate the screen if the phone is turned on.