How to combine duplicate contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. tran3960

tran3960 New Member

The facebook contacts are not combining with the vortex phone contacts. I am also wondering how to get facebook profile pictures to show in the contacts. I had facebook LG, but read somewhere that it wasn't good at syncing and using pictures and to use facebook android. I am now using facebook android, but the contacts haven't combined. The phone contacts are just first names versus the full name in facebook. I don't know if this would make a difference.

The LG Vortex is my husband's phone. I have a HTC Incredible and I can link multiple contacts that combine into one. I can't seem to do that with the Vortex and was wondering if there is another way to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions and the help.

2. VoicesofGusto

VoicesofGusto Member

This drove me crazy until I figured it out. Click on the name of the person. Then, hold down the menu key. After a few seconds you should be given an option to merge the contact. It's been a while since I did this, so let me know if it doesn't work.
  3. tran3960

tran3960 New Member

No, it didn't work. Long pressing got me these subjects: View contact, Call contact, Text contact, Add to favorites, Add to home screen, Export to SD, Edit contact, Delete contact. I long pressed the phone contact and tried the facebook contact.

Any other ideas?

4. VoicesofGusto

VoicesofGusto Member

Ok, here we go.

Click on an entry for the contact. Click 'menu' and 'edit contact.' Click 'menu' again - then, you should see a 'join' button. Use that to merge to the duplicate contact.
    Curly1975 and tran3960 like this.
  5. if that doesn't work you can do it on the gmail site, under editing contacts you can click the checkbox next to all the dupes and under "more actions" there is an option to merge contacts
  6. tran3960

tran3960 New Member

Thanks! That worked great!!!
  7. Curly1975

Curly1975 New Member

This was the fix I needed.. ty vm