How to completely Remove/Delete HTC Sense?!

Last Updated:

1. texas83

texas83 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a rooted Hero, running Fresh 2.3.3 ROM with DarchKernel786. I use LauncherPro and want to delete HTC sense from taking up so much internal memory! Is this possible?

Also, i want to remove some stock apps like Peep from my phone as well, but they do not show up under app uninstaller. I've read that root explorer app can accomplish this, but the app was really confusing and I didn't understand. Can someone help me out?

THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Why don't you just flash Darch 2.8 or CM 6? The purpose of fresh 2.3.3 is to give you HTC sense and all its widgets. If you don't want that then flash the other guys and all traces of sense and its bloatware, along with the bloatware of 2.3.3, will be gone.

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

If you don't want sense you'll have to flash an aosp rom like Darch or CM6 as sense based roms require sense for more than just the launcher so deleting it isn't an option.

4. smeade5

smeade5 New Member

I want to remove facebook for HTC sense but can't. I don't want to remove any of the widgets but that one. Can anyone help me?

5. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Have you tried using Titanium Backup and delete or freeze FB for HTC Sense? Before deleting anything though make sure that you have a current nandroid backup;) Just in case:)