• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to configure Epad RJ45 to Internet

Hi, I just bought my daughter for her birthday an " ZT-180 10.2" ePad Android 2.2 WIFI HDMI Camera 3G Tablet 4GB".

But I can't get the Epad to connect to the internet via the RJ45 cable as I do no have wi-fi but ethernet connection only.

I have asked the seller and he doesn't know how to configure the Epad to work with my ethernet connection and I have spent hours searching the internet too.

Please could you tell me how to get my Epad to work with my ethernet connection?

I have tried in the settings "turning on the internet",
I have tried configuring the epad internet by adding my ip address
Wi-fi is switched off
But this does not seem to work either.

Do I need to enter the DNS number and Netmask to configure the epad to my internet connection via ethernet connection to the RJ45 to the epad?

Any help and advice of how you got your internet working on the epad will be great and I feel so bad that my daughter can't use her birthday present.

Kind regards Dave

I have now solved the problem and this is how I configured the ethernet settings:

On your home PC press the "Windows key" and "R" together. a little box will open then type "CMD" and hit enter.

Then a black box will open, then type "ipconfig/all" enter

This will give you all the details you need to enter into the epad ethernet config settings.

Now you have this information, you can configure the device:

Dhcp = off (i'm guessing you tried on and it wouldn't get an IP?)
Static IP = on
IP Address = the same as your PC +10 (eg if your PC is 192.168.0.2, set this as 192.168.0.12 - hopefully this should keep it clear of any other allocationed IPs)
Netmask = 255.255.255.0
DNS address = the same a default gateway
Default router = the same as default gateway

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones