how to connect a aria to pc

Last Updated:

1. jlandrum_1

jlandrum_1 New Member This Topic's Starter

how do i connect my aria to a pc? i have tryed everything downloaded the sync software, set to hard drive on phone. i even tryed a different cable for a hard drive.the phone is rooted is there a different way to get it to connect if its rooted. thanks

Advertisement
  2. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

My phone is not rooted, so I don't know if this is different, sorry. Still worth trying though.

In Settings, do you have the default connection type set as "disk drive"? You can also select that if a box pops up asking you the connection type when you plug in the USB cable.

Now pull down the notification panel and select "Mount".

The phone (and external SD card, if you have one) will now be displayed as a drive(s) on your computer.

3. jlandrum_1

jlandrum_1 New Member This Topic's Starter

i dont get a notification to tell me to mount it. if the usb debugging is on the the pc will it but i cant open it

4. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

Whoops, sorry. Looks like I was mixing up my Captivate with my Aria. :( The Aria doesn't have an option to mount in the notification panel.

Debugging should be Off and "disk drive" selected. For me, it then auto-mounts.

Do you have a Mac? Or PC? If PC, did the drivers auto-install properly?

5. lacoste_rocker

lacoste_rocker Well-Known Member

I have a mac and as soon as I plug it in it gives me this notification asking me to charge only, use HTC sync (I think that's what it is called), or use it as a hard drive.
    But my phone is not rooted.