• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to connect A75 with wifi that requires dialup

Biker Biker

Feb 29, 2012
I have BSNL wifi broadband connection at home which I use on my laptop. The network id (key) is saved on my laptop so when i want to connect to internet, I open the BSNL dialer and click "connect" (the username and password are also saved).

Now in my android phone I am able to connect to wifi by entering the network id (key) and phone shows that its connected to bsnl wifi... but websites dont open.

I would be grateful if anyone can help me out of this..

Hi,
this is a very common thing that some engineers do while setting up a wifi connection :)

They are just too (whatever) to do such thing :rolleyes:
This thing totally spoils the meaning of a wifi hotspot !

it allows only 1 device to connect at a time

i just know its some sort of dial up typo thing ...

You need to connect to your wifi access point then dial some number with password !
as far as i know it involves some entry of username and password for your modem to dial it up for you automatically :eek:

If you can just share the modem name !

Reactions: Biker Biker
Upvote 0
hi ninad...

here is the screen shot of the device info..

Attachments

• ss.JPG
    ss.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones