How to connect HDMI, Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse to Galaxy Note?Support

1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Well-Known Member

I see videos on YouTube where people have connected their Samsung Note to a full-sized LCD monitor via a micro USB-to-HDMI adapter and then connected a keyboard and mouse via bluetooth, all simultaneously.

I ordered the micro USB-to-HDMI today and am now looking for a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that will work with the Samsung Note and I know from past experience with about all things related to computers to not just assume any Bluetooth keyboard and mouse will work.

I'm brand new to Android and have no idea.

Anyone here tried this combo who can give me advice on which Bluetooth keyboard and mouse will and maybe some to avoid?

Any tricks to know or pitfalls to avoid?

Advertisement
    :
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Bump-

Any advice for Alex? Thanks in advance to all the G-note users! :)
  3. Alex Ethridge

Thanks for the comment; but, please pardon my ignorance. I'm new to Android; my only experience with a smartphone is the near obsolete Palm Treo 680.

Since the only USB port on the Galaxy Note is occupied by the bluetooth keyboard's receiver, I don't understand how the HDMI connection to the monitor is made.

I'm looking for a setup with a full-sized keyboard and mouse like the ones in some YouTube videos that show a full-sized monitor, keyboard and mouse. My only guess is that the keyboard and mouse interface with the Note's built-in bluetooth receiver. Is that how they are doing it?
  4. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

5. salla43

salla43 Well-Known Member

i used the Logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard both for IPAD and they work fine, apart from key remapping and the right click on the mouse does not work. I actually use stickers on the keyboard with the correct letters and symbols.
  6. Alex Ethridge

That is something I suspected but wasn't sure about. I watched a video on YouTube where the author stated he was using a Logitech keyboard so I guess I'll go with that brand.
    I prefer wired over wireless as it is usually more reliable in most cases. But, would the HDMI work with that arrangement? I guess it is easy enough to find out.
    Your post is additional confirmation that the Logitech brand might be a good bet. Thanks for that.

What about this key remapping? What kind of keys are they, certainly not letters or digits, I hope.
  7. salla43

ref key remapping, its just a local thing. My country is switzerland, which is QWERTZ setup (UK is QWERTY , french AZERTY, etc). So I bought the kb in switzerland, so there is some error in the config somewhere, cos my note is probably using some universal version of ICS.

So I just got some little stickers and wrote the correct letter (its just the Y and Z inversion) and symbols - ()+"*
  8. Alex Ethridge

Thanks, that settles it. I'm off to "Wally World" to find a Logitech Keyboard and mouse.
  9. salla43

ok best of luck :) - remember , dont worry about the "for IPAD" nonsense. Its just marketing bs.