How to connect my pc to the internet using Galaxy?Support

1. rottie

rottie New Member

Hi all!

Is there anyway to connect a PC to the web using my Galaxy's data connection? Do I understand correctly that I have to use NPS?Is it the only way? Even after downloading the latest version it still says my "Device is not supported" and I can't access that option.

Advertisement
    :
    gtr35 likes this.
  2. Shayko

Shayko Well-Known Member

you need to root your phone for that.
  3. Sauriann

Sauriann Member

you can make standard dial up connection, like any else (select samsung as phone modem) but you will have problems with connection (traying to connect serval times).
  4. akanbi

akanbi Well-Known Member

5. rottie

rottie New Member

6. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

we need netfilter support in the kernel. there is custom rom for galaxy at hdblog.it that has support. try and tell us how it went :)
  7. Russ Dill

Russ Dill Well-Known Member

azilink is the quickest, easiest tether for those without root access.
  8. rottie

rottie New Member

I'm sorry, you call THIS the easiest????

9. pegasus21

pegasus21 Well-Known Member

Yes. The other methods require root and kernel changes.
  10. Russ Dill

Russ Dill Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, as someone who uses adb and openvpn on a regular basis, it seemed very easy to me. I suppose compared to a simple dialup connection as can be used with other phones, it is very complex.
  11. vit

vit Member

Well, I have manged to connect my I7500 to internet on ATT network using standard USB modem driver.

I have ..G8 ROM version on Galaxy, phone is not rooted; Windows Vista

Here is how I did it:

1. Install NPC. (I got latest version from German O2 site, search this forum for link). NPC never worked properly for me but it installs ton of drivers, including modem driver.

2. My settings on Galaxy: USB debugging mode - ON; Mass Storage Only - OFF

3. Connect phone via USB, let it auto install all relevant drivers

In Device Manger, you should now see Samsung USB Modem device.

4. Create new dial up connection using Samsung USB modem with following data for ATT network:

[FONT=&quot]phone number = *99#

username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM

password: CINGULAR1[/FONT]

Voila, happy browsing! (if only you i could do 3G on ATT
  12. hugomeeuwes

hugomeeuwes New Member

PdaNet now does support the Samsung Galaxy. (Very easy and no root required).
  13. qwerty100

qwerty100 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any success with teatherbot??? I cant get this to work, but would be interested to know if anyone else had. If you did, what firmware/csc etc have you got? What did you do different to the Gude linked to here??

Teatherbot Website = Tetherbot
    Teatherbot guide = Beginners Guide to Tetherbot
  14. GalaxyMeh

GalaxyMeh Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Wireless Tether for Root Users. It comes standard with the Galaxo and GalaxHero ROMs, and it's trivial to connect: start the app, hit the Wifi button, and the Galaxy becomes a wireless access point. You don't need NPS or a USB cable.

Of course, you do need to install one of these custom ROMs, but they're awesome to have anyway. I use GalaxHero, which is exactly like Galaxo, but with an HTC Hero-like skin.
  15. dsh1001

dsh1001 New Member

Try unplugging all unnecessary usb devices before installing the PDANET. I couldn't get it to install until I unplugged my scanner and Bluetooth usb dongle then plugged it into one of the primary USB ports (on the back of the computer, not on the front or on a peripheral device). I am guessing that the galaxy is a real power hog and needs all the juice it can get from the USB port.
  16. Samtung

Samtung Member

install gaosp beta 3 (it takes 10 min) this ver. has tethering preinstalled
    in debagging mode connect phone to your pc via usb or wireless
    start tethering hot spot
    you have 3g connection very stable in 10 sec
    i bridged via ethernet to a router and connected other 2 device no problems
    hope it helps
  17. RAJA PATEL

RAJA PATEL New Member

its working, thanks bro
  18. tenish

tenish New Member

success!!!!
    net connected with pc

leave all that apps u have at present...
    1) download PDa net
    2) double click and install
    3) now it will automatically download & installs all drivers
    ********note()
    1)all the downloads should be done in the same pc which u r tryingto connect ur phone
    2)ur system should be initially connected to the net using other media(netsetter,,or via other nokia phone)
    .........contact..09633507949....for assistance