1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to convert PSX ISOs to work on the Xperia PlayTips

1. gavkiwi

gavkiwi Active Member

make sure you have java installed on your PC :), its a java app ;)

also, i couldn't get it running in windows 7, i reverted back to an old XP machine i have, hope that helps.
  2. ziairith

ziairith New Member

the Java install worked thankyou
  3. gavkiwi

gavkiwi Active Member

Glad I could help, if you get some games to work that are not mentioned in this thread, please share, I've tried about 40 titles so far, and only got 10-11 to work, a lot of time spent, and not much pay off. If Gran Turismo 2 didn't work i'd be shattered lol :p
  4. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

game updates....
    so far
    Diablo works - (some glitches) (PAL)
    Need For Speed Porsche unleashed - works (NTSC)
    Tenchu - works but some glitches during "movies" (NTSC)
    Tenchu 2 - works (NTSC)
    Resident Evil : Director's cut - works/glitches during movies and when opening a door you can see through it sometimes (NTSC)
    Resident Evil : Nemesis - works but some glitches during "movies" (NTSC)
    Wipeout 3 - works but some glitches during "movies" (PAL)
  5. Final Fantasy VII, Ehrgeiz, Evil Dead Hail to the King, and GT2. I have yet to try my other games as of yet and all work fine. Ehrgeiz has a slight slow down at times but is completely playable.

I had a small problem on Windows 7 but fixed it after doing some research. If it was the java issue saying you did not have it installed you need to press back and then next again and it would recognize it. Kinda dumb but that's where I ran into a problem.

Also last but not least has anyone tried the games that do not work or crash after changing the (boolean name="SW-render" value="false" /) to true in the preferences file. It made Final Fantasy VII work without any slowdown and Ehrgeiz work with minimal slowdown.
  6. gavkiwi

gavkiwi Active Member

where can I find this exactly? is it in the phone, or somewhere else? I tried wipeout 3, and it crashes 10seconds in to a race without fail

please help

cheers
  7. It is in android/data/(game file that is created)/files/ucc/randomly named folder/preferences If it is not there copy it from the same location in the crash bandicoot folder. Hope this helps you. Oh and after starting the game the file is usually created so either way will work in getting the file.
  8. gavkiwi

gavkiwi Active Member

I noticed that the 'preferences' is only accessible if you create a save point in that particular game. So I tried this modification, and sadly my wipeout 3 still crashes, it infact made no difference at all, crashes after i make the first turn in the game, at every track, its weird.

It also did not help with Colin McRae rally 2, however...

it did fix the graphic artifacts, blockiness issues in Marvel vs capcom and bubble bobble.
  9. Sprung

Sprung Active Member

Got some time, and tried a few more games...

Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes works fine
    40 Winks works fine

Anyone have any luck with the James Bond games? I get parse errors with Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is not Enough. Too bad...I wanted some 007 on my phone :mad:
  10. jay0788

jay0788 New Member

So he did the whole process from his phone? Or do I have to connect to P.C?
  11. gavkiwi

gavkiwi Active Member

you don't have to connect to a pc, but you do need a pc to do the 'conversion' of the crash game from the phone to a converted ps1 game.
  12. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Well-Known Member

If they ever release FF7 or MSG2, I bet the compatibility will sky rocket.
  13. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

I havnt read the article fully as i am on holiday but in a nutshell, i can alter PS games to play on the built in version of the playstation on my xperia play??

After reading just the first chapter, it says about using the Crash Bandicoot file, what happens if i have deleted this???
  14. suvalle55

suvalle55 Member

How did some of you get gran turismo 2 to work i did everything right but it doesnt load??
  15. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

Really need an answer to my question, what if i have deleted the Crash Bandicoot file???

Thanks!
  16. Wisenos

do a factory reset and you'll get it back :p
    btw just noticed they added Hot shot golf 2, Destruction derby, Jet Moto, jumping flash and WipEout to the ps pocket store
  17. RockingChick90

RockingChick90 New Member

hiya, just wondering, does this work with ps2 games aswell. im despratly trying to get spyro enter the dragonfly (takes me back to my childhood haha) but i have no idea where to start lol.. is there anyone that can help? x
  18. Wisenos

i think only with ps1 games... but try the same walkthrough with a ps2 game... might work lol

... or maybe not :p
  19. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

Answered my own question, you can just download it again.

Gonna check those out later on our tomorrow.
  20. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

This is amazing! I have just got Gran Turismo 2 working perfectly.

My only question is though, what would you guys recommend, this or FPSE?
    There will only be a few games i will convert, pretty much the top 10 list you would find on any website so as long as the main games work i am fine.

The noticable difference of this over FPSE so far is the saving ability, my GT2 wouldnt save on FPSE bebause it said there was no BIOS set but every time i selected the BIOS it still wouldnt save. This version saves perfectly!
  21. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

Games i have tested:

Gran Turismo 2 - works perfectly
    Tekken 3 - works perfectly
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 - flickers a lot during play
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 - Skater is a stretched out mess of polygons
  22. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

Metal Gear Solid does not work at all. :(
  23. primus123

primus123 New Member

I can tell if it is compatible Medal of Honor
  24. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Is it right that this does not work with v2.3.4 , I if so i will stay on v2.3.3 util their is a fix, I get my SE Play today :)