• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to cool hot phone

Using GPS and downloading also generate heat. Running the screen, especially at high brightness, generates heat. These are in addition to the things listed above.

So running a high end game with screen brightness high while charging is about the worst case possible for heat. Oh, and if you put a nice insulating case around it while doing this you'll keep the heat in longer.

Upvote 0
There are dozens if not hundreds of so called "cool down" apps on the market, but really all they do is close many of your running apps. You can try one or 2 of those apps to see if it helps. But I think it's pretty much like others have said, you gotta stop what you're doing and let it cool off. Unless, you feel that it's overheating with just "normal" use (i.e, nothing too drastic and power consuming such as gaming, video watching....etc) in which case I'd recommend having it looked at. How old is it?

Upvote 0
Insert in a refrigerator or freezer for faster cooling times

I can't tell if this is a joke (sarcasm is hard to pick up over the internet).

Either way, OP, don't put your phone in the fridge or freezer as it will potentially cause condensation and damage the device beyond economical repair.

Upvote 0
Phones should not run so hot that they need external cooling, period. If they are it's either because something is keeping the CPU and/or GPU at 100%, something is broken in the phone or it's a faulty design. The first thing is fixable if you can identify what the process is that's behaving improperly. The second two are more problematic.

In any case, trying to cool your phone is really just a stop gap and the freezer solution really does put your phone at risk for water damage. Once or twice you could get lucky, but I wouldn't risk it.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Insert in a refrigerator or freezer for faster cooling times
I'd advise against this. While this does bring down the temperature of the phone quickly it also creates a situation where once exposed to room temperature again, condensation will result because of the sudden change in relative humidity. Moisture on the outside of a phone isn't good, moisture on the inside of the phone is bad.
Plus, your significant other will start thinking you forgot to take your meds again when you're answering phone calls by sticking your head in the fridge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones