How to copy a discontinued app from my S2 on to note 10.1 ?Support

Last Updated:

1. androidtvfan

androidtvfan Well-Known Member

I want to be able to copy Piterfm from my S2 onto my note 10.1 but unfortunatly this app is no longer on the play store and all links for the last 2.0.5 version do not exist it seems

So how can this be done ?

2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

go into data/apps/ with a file explorer (ES File Explorer)and locate the package (probably begins with com.something.something copy this to a safe place and re install it on its new device.
  3. androidtvfan

Thanks for info but this does'nt quite work with me. There are a number of but not one for piterfm it seems

There is a piterfm folder but this just has sub folders for cache and log ??
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If you have it installed it is under data/app or data/app private. If it is not there, you do not have it installed. Quite simple.
  5. androidtvfan

Not with but it is obviously installed as I use the app !
  6. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Just look really closely at the icons. Its gotta be there disagree unless you installed it as a system app it would be in system/app but I can almost guarantee its not in there
  7. WonderFull

WonderFull Active Member

You can also find it under Play store > Apps > All. You will find it listed there. I installed one of my apps which is not available in the store by this method.
  8. androidtvfan

You mean play store, my apps ? It's not in there for some reason, strange
  9. androidtvfan

Never got anywhere with ES file explorer but Appinstaller did the trick