1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General how to copy and paste

1. GamingForever

GamingForever Well-Known Member

Im tryimg to figure out how to copy and paste but i dont see how to do so... Im tryimg to paste something im skype but I dont know how. I long press and nothing pops up.

Advertisement
  2. ColtsWalker

ColtsWalker Well-Known Member

Did you highlight the text? You need to hold on the selected text for a couple seconds and a context menu will open with message options. This behavior may not be consistent from one app to the next but is supposed to be a convention from what I understand. I can play with it on our tablet and report back if you still don't have any success.
  3. GamingForever

GamingForever Well-Known Member

I found it... It's weird.. I like gingerbread better for this.

First highlight text like you said, then hold down the text you copied and it will copy OR in some cases where you are doing this.. there's a button at the top to click on to copy. For pasting all you have to do is hold down at the text box and hit paste.

I noticed I never copied so that's why I never saw the paste button.
  4. drewwest

drewwest New Member

I can't copy and paste HTML email text. What's the secret? And Phone numbers act like hyperlinks and show-up in the browser's address bar rather than the phone ready to be dialed. Arrr Android Razr Maxx