How to copy pictures and videos?Support

Last Updated:

1. zanza

zanza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 13, 2010
    hi. I got my brother, who is not very tech saavy, a Samsung Fascinate last month. He was asking me recently the best way to copy his pictures and videos ... I wasn't sure what to tell him.

I looked, and I noticed his pictures have a "share" option that you can send them to Picassa. Is that good? The videos however did not have this option.

Should he simply connect to his PC with a USB cord and copy the files directly?

2. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Many people use the Picassa options, yes, since you automatically get an account with them once you get the phone. You can also download similar apps that add other options - for instance, I use Imgur.

The ol' USB way's always good, although he may run into trouble and need to download the USB driver from Samsung. Also keep in mind that once you connect it, you still have to pull down the Notification bar on the phone and tap "USB Connected" followed by Mount. Both still photos and videos are located in SD Card > DCIM > Camera.

Another option is to email them to himself, or use Dropbox. I loooove Dropbox personally. Even if I have the USB cable connected for power, I'll usually use it. There's a thread here with lots of peoples' referral links - both you and they get an extra 250 to 500 mb of storage in addition to the 2gb free Dropbox gives everyone.