**How to Costumize after you root??

Last Updated:

1. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I Am thinking about rooting, and am wondering something.

I have asked this before and no one has a solution.
    If I were to root, how (if I can) Can I install a white notification bar, Like the Droid or the Moment. I Prefer the White one over the Plain Black one.

And is Their any way to change the crappy HTC lock screen to the Eclair or 2.1 Lock screen, If their is please give details on how to.

If you don't want to waste time doing this, then don't waste my time posting your opinion on how this is stupid.

I Like the stock HTC Sense and Rom I currently have, I just want the white notification bar, and better lock screen.

Advertisement
  2. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

the answer is yes...scan through the rooting sticky, it's all in there...

3. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

If you flash fresh 1.1 and use the pre-kitchen there are different options for lockscreens, bootscreens, notification bars and there is a way to switch your phone back to look like stock, just with a better ROM in the form of fresh 1.1.

4. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Well-Known Member

On the version of Prekitchen I have, there was no option to install notification bars. Did they recently update it or something?

5. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Nope. Basically the any customization like that is done by signed zips or by pushing files. You can push files using kitchen, which is how it would be done.

6. neversatisfied

idk if I can use signed files lol. I remember my java thing not working when I rooted which said I wouldnt be able to. not sure.

7. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Signed files are files that have already been signed. For example, if you were to download a signed lockscreen like the ones here you should be able to put them in the root folder of you SD card, boot into recovery, then flash them same as you did Fresh 1.1. Kitchen will also let you do this for those particular lockscreens via tools inside of it.

8. neversatisfied

I kinda figured that. Just didnt know for sure.