How to custom Tones?Support

1. Pcrat

Pcrat Member

OK so it basically set custom tones for alerts, but u cant set one for emails only and also a different one for sms . The email. and sms are all on the same alert. is there a way to change those on the aria?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Well-Known Member

Yes
    Once you have the file that you would like touch set as a custom alert, you will need to save it to your SD card in your phone.
    The easiest way to do this is:

• Connect your device to your PC via the data cable.
    • On your device, touch the Notification bar to open it and then touch UASB icon: Select to change USB connection type.
    • Select Disk Drive and touch Done.
    • On your PC, go to My Computer and your device will be listed as a removable disk drive.
    • Open the disk drive by double-clicking on it.
    • Once open, you should see the contents of your SD card.
    • If you do not have a folder named Notifications, right click and create one.
    • Once you have created the Notifications folder, open it and drag and drop the files you want to be available for custom alerts into the folder.
    • Once you are done, disconnect from your PC and your files will be available for selection under the Sounds & Display on your device.
    • Now open you email go to menu/settings/notification settings and it can be changed there.You can change your tones under sms as well by going to messages /menu/settings/notifications.To set incoming ring tone go to menu settings then sound it can be set there.Go to the market and get ring driod app its free and works great for making your mp3s into ring tones.Hope this helps!
    • NOTE:I use handcent sms free from the market its a nice messaging app.
  3. bogiedogie

bogiedogie Member

I have been working on this for hours. I found how to set up the media card and transfer files to it - Thanks all! The custom alerts I want are all now available to me.

What is the difference in the home screen menu/settings/sounds/alerts and notifications vs. going into calendar/sms/email settings and selecting them there? Sometime I get the sound I want, sometimes I don