• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to debug an issue

skiflyer

Dec 17, 2011
Chicago
Alarm set for 7:30am, never went off. Go to check the phone, it's dead.

Assume my socket is bad or switched off or something, go plug the phone into another socket for ~15 mins. Phone still won't turn on.

Pull battery, put in another, still dead.

Pull battery, pull sim, reinsert sim, wait 15 mins, reinsert battery, plug in, turns on just fine.

Put other battery back in, reboots, just fine. Turns out the battery from the start 94% charge so wasn't a power issue and the second battery was at 92%. Clock was set to 6am before it got a network signal and updated.

So now I'm going to be obsessing about whether or not the alarm is going to go off in the morning - but that's my issue. My question to you all, is there anything I can do to try and figure out what happened or do I just have to chock this up to bad luck and go get a backup alarm at target?

Alarm set for 7:30am, never went off. Go to check the phone, it's dead.

Assume my socket is bad or switched off or something, go plug the phone into another socket for ~15 mins. Phone still won't turn on.

Pull battery, put in another, still dead.

Pull battery, pull sim, reinsert sim, wait 15 mins, reinsert battery, plug in, turns on just fine.

Put other battery back in, reboots, just fine. Turns out the battery from the start 94% charge so wasn't a power issue and the second battery was at 92%. Clock was set to 6am before it got a network signal and updated.

So now I'm going to be obsessing about whether or not the alarm is going to go off in the morning - but that's my issue. My question to you all, is there anything I can do to try and figure out what happened or do I just have to chock this up to bad luck and go get a backup alarm at target?

Are you using the charger that came with the Nexus?
Cheap after market chargers are phone killers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones